Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Glimpse



I am proud to say that I come from a family of smart individuals. My sisters were scholars and dean's listers. I've had my share of honors and scholarships back in college. Sad to say, I grew up knowing I wasn't one of them. They’re professionals, I’m only an artist (but proud to be one!). I always knew I was not smart enough. I was always thought to be a slow-learner. I was the one with the face without a brain. I was the odd ball.

Now I know why.

I'm not dumb mother (I love you!). I'm as smart as you are my dear sisters (I love you too!). Unfortunately (?), I have short attention span and obscure tremors because I'm sick. If you were in my shoes, you'd know what I mean. I just wish you really were.

Now I feel like the black ant that explores my keyboard. I want to run, but I can't because I've got work to do. I can’t use my sickness as an excuse for some job undone. Good thing there's a window in front of me. The view is not beautiful, yet quiet. Good thing I have my own earphones. Loud progressive music calms me somehow in times like these. Good effin diversion eh?


No comments: