Tuesday, February 12, 2008

J is for?

Jessa!

Christmas is finally way over. Parties were said and done. Relatives went back overseas. The Christmas trees had been stored back in the cupboard. The decors were put back in their boxes. The presents were finally opened. It'll be Valentine's Day soon.

Jessa, my adopted extended sister from World Vision, why have I forgotten about you?

I am so sad. Sad that I have failed to see the real reason for Christmas. It is all about giving. Could I say it was neglect who pushed me to forget all about it?

Yes maybe.

Not only that, because of the sudden influx of financial blessings, I have forgotten to be humble. I started to push people (which included my sweet baby James and my minamahal na ina) around just because I thought I had the right. Just because I thought I had the money to do so.

*sigh* Sorry.

How did all these happen?

Perhaps, I needed to learn a very valuable lesson in life. That is, I should stoop down and remember that my life is borrowed. I have no right whatsoever to claim that I am in control. I should always remember that without humility, all my other virtues are completely useless.

Happy heart's season everyone!

No comments: