Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's Friday Exorcism Again

Honi Soit Qui Mal Pense

Thats evil to him who evil thinks as King Edward III sees it.

I witnessed an exorcism not too long ago. It was effin scary. Maybe that's why it took me months to tell you all about it.

It was a cold October evening. After work, I went straight to Sto. Rosario Parish in Pacita to meet with James and hear a mass. As accustomed on the month of the Holy Rosary, numerous images of the Virgin Mary were distributed to residents of Pacita. That night, James and I were to pick one image up, bring it to their house and pray to it. Little did we know that something out of this world were to happen that night.

After mass, a visiting priest from Sta. Rosa, Laguna who has the Gift of Healing were to conduct a healing session for Pacita residents. James and I ceased to be hesistant. We soon fell in line with the others. The experience was very solemn. And I think it worked too!

Soon after we were done, a young lady started shouting as the priest blessed her with an assortment of holy oils which he uses to heal people. The priest moved over to the next participant but the young lady kept on shouting. Not long after, she started to mock the priest and the church. That was it.

Mocking the church is a sure sign of possession. It was what prompted the priest to get a huge cricifix and insense. Believe it or not, it was warm inside the church but as the priest exorcised the young lady, the atmosphere soon became cold. It was ice ice cold. I don't know how it happened but it became so cold, I had to hold on to James for warmth. I was scared too. But he said I shouldn't be cause we were in the house of God.

People in the church prayed with the priest with their hands held up towards the young lady. The choir were singing bone-chilling hymns. Everyone were uttering, "in the name of Jesus!"

After 20 or so minutes, the young lady calmed down and stood up. The priest, relieved, went straight to the altar, kneeled, and prayed.

I went home shaking that night until I remembered what Evelyn Underhill said, "
Every minute you are thinking of evil, you might have been thinking of good instead. Refuse to pander to a morbid interest in your own misdeeds. Pick yourself up, be sorry, shake yourself, and go on again."

No comments: