Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Let These Words Speak For Me

After a while I learned the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,
And I learned that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security,
And I began to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises,
And I began to accept my defeats with my head up and my eyes open, with the grace
of an adult, not the grief of a child,
And I learned to build all my roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain
for plans,
After a while I learned that even sunshine burns if you get too much.
So I'll plant my own garden and decorate my own soul, instead of waiting for someone to
bring me flowers.
And I learned that I really can endure... that I really am strong,
And I really do have worth.

- as taught to me by Ann Landers

No comments: