Thursday, September 6, 2007

If Nature Had Its Way

as inspired by Carl Campbell (DIC's Thorian)

I haven't been to the doctor for sometime now. I just got exhausted of going back and forth. It literally drained the life outta me. Last time I did, the doctors said me red blood cell count is dropping! Damn.

I still have no idea what's wrong with me. I'm hoping for the worse so I won't be disappointed. Then again, I'm reminded of the people I'd be leaving behind. Living is just the worst job.

What makes me re-evaluate my ideas is when I lit a cigarette (I know, its bad and yet I can't get rid of it) at night before preparing for bed. I stare at the star-strewn sky and thank God for giving me another day. It calms me… just staring at the sky or just by watching our two dogs lick each other’s balls. Hee hee

Nature has its own way of showing us how wonderful life can be. If only we could take the time to look, stop and listen.

2 comments:

celticsavage said...

I smoked since I was 13. And it took watching someone struggle for air placing that cig into the stoma in his throat choking down his last cig for me to quit. The guy kept ripping the oxygen that I was trying to administer to save his life away because he had to have that smoke.
I believe he passed on that day as he had end stage lung cancer at 40.

I haven't touched one since.

I am not preaching to ya but if you are honestly worried about "white blood counts" you need to quit.

Maggie said...

Nah, it's ok to tell me whatever you want Thorian. Thanks by the way.

I'm trying to quit you know. Its just hard to. I did stop before but I went back and now I'm limiting myself to one a day until I can totally get rid of it.