Thursday, September 13, 2007

Dev(il) Team

I know, this is overdue.

Friday, August 31, 2007. I received an email from the admin that there will be a general staff meeting on September 3, 2007, Monday at 4:30 in the afternoon. From the looks of the letter, it seemed the upcoming meeting is serious compared to the previous ones which were always dominated with jokes from the Development Team. Honestly, all the jokes makes the serious stuff bearable so I guess it's all ok with Sir Maner - our boss, Ms. Debi - our project manager, and Mac - our over-all team lead and Chief Technology Officer.

Weekend passed and Monday came. I was thinking, this meeting will be as fun again as the others before. But I noticed sir Maner got a bit fidgety as the hours passed. I was proving myself wrong. Before 4:30pm, everyone from the Marketing Team in Ayala arrived. Whoa!

So this meeting is serious eh? I told myself.

From experience, this sort of meeting conjures ideas such as lay-off or time cut-off cause the company can't bear the expenses anymore. Can't blame 'em! Marketing Team alone costs the company of up to 500K Pesos in payroll alone. That doesn't include their traveling expenses to various countries where we operate. Sheesh.

Moving on, the meeting proved to be serious. Major! Sir Con, sir Maner's Australian business partner, did all the talking. Sir Maner refused to speak. The agenda? Rechargeplus Int'l. Ltd. and i-Payment Solutions, Inc. representatives met with president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and NATCCO (National Confederation of Cooperatives) last Friday, August 31 to close a deal regarding N-Cash, a program that will save our beloved OFWs just some $1.663 billion in remittance fees. The details are all too "detailed". I'll just inform you about it in a separate blog.

I guess that's about it. Ahaha!

Much credit has been said to the Marketing Team (Rechargeplus) but I heard nothing for my colleagues at the Development Team (i-Pay), or should I say the Dev(il) Team as most of the mrktg. team suggests? On the contrary, they're a bunch of angels out here to save the Philippine remittance system. Hats off to them!

To name 'em who worked for the said project:
Cesar Valencia
Cyril Estremera
Debi Santos
Francis Marasigan
Leo Acera
Mac Soriano and sir Maner Puyawan (of course!)
Marky Tiangco
Marlon Puyawan
Marvynn Kimpay
Mimi Ibisate and
Ryan Amog

no ass-kissing intended *wink*

No comments: