Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Repost error from Multiply: Gawad Kalinga Experience



I struggled to get up on a cold Monday morning. The previous night's get together made me sick. I had fun anyway so it was all well worth it. But somehow, none of the weekend's activities made me any happier and fulfilled than what was in store for me last Monday. I was headed to Bayan-Bayanan in the mountains of San Pedro, Laguna to build houses for the poor. Honestly, it doesn't feel like me. I'm not the type who'd do this kinda things. But due to some out of this world circumstances, I ended up being with a group of people who do nothing in life but to help each other out with the help of one greater being. OMG, this is not totally me.

Moving along, it was Gawad Kalinga (GK) day for me. Together with some CFC and SFC folks, we sported our bandanas and gloves, went up the mountains and build houses for some priviledged poor. It was so fulfilling to see the kids run around happily knowing they will sleep under a roof starting that day.

No comments: