Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Then There's Three Again


How do you set up goals in your life? Last week, I was caught in between three questions:

Can I manage my own online business/company?

Should I just work from home?

Could I perhaps apply for a full-time position again?

Frustrated and confused, I called my ever-reliable big sister, ate Meg, into my room. According to her, setting our own priorities is as important as setting our goals. Considering my distaste for making sound decisions, I asked her what I should really do.

At first, I mentioned about the online business. Also last week and out of the blue, I received an SMS message from an employer to whom I worked for several years back. He is also a good friend of my nanay. He was willing to finance an online business, if I could manage it for him. Writing articles for students was what he had in mind. I could hire five or so writers and he would provide the office, equipment and logistics. He'd pay me to manage everything. I was ecstatic! What were the chances that I could start my (own) business with somebody else's money? I mean, I could never have imagined that someone would offer me as big as this!

Then there's the home-based assignments. There's four of 'em at the moment. The pay is good, but not regular. And ugh, I'm starting to get tired with having to face pressures from different people with the same thing in mind: deadline. I know it's one thing I should know by now, but meeting deadlines while not getting paid weeks after, is so stressful. Now that I come to think of it, I should have made deadlines for payments like they did.

Or like any other office-working employee, I could go to work everyday; that's 8 hours a day, 5 (or 6) days a week. Joe, not his real name, offered me what I used to make at i-Pay. His offer is pretty tempting. Office starts at 10 in the morning and there's no required dress code. I can come as I am. Pretty tempting indeed. Good pay + considerable proximity+ no required dress code + no strict attendance issues = perfect job? For me, maybe.

What do you think?

No comments: