Monday, November 3, 2008

I Told You

How do you do it? How do you lead people? How do you make them follow you? How do you make them believe that what you're doing is for their own good? Tell me.

A little less than three weeks old, I have been quietly writing in my little nook when a video conference prompted on my screen. It was my US-based boss. He wanted me to do something.

How do you evaluate people? How do you tell them to stop doing something that is bad for the company? How do you tell someone that he or she has created a mistake and that you must do something to stop it and eventually prevent it?

I had tried out my skills on leading people way back in college. But that was different. It felt like I was only telling little kids to do this and that. I guess this time it'll be different. My co-workers are no kids. Some are even way older than I am.

But how? They're not even talking to me! Oh no, I hope this ain't a case of co-workers breaking my heart into pieces again.

No comments: