Monday, March 24, 2008

Beatless! Er, Beatles

Maggie (Mar. 12, 2008 6:29 PM): La naman unusual nangyari kahapon?
Mimi (Mar. 12, 2008 6:29 PM): La naman. La ka eh.

*laughter*

I tried living with my eyes closed. That's the Beatles beating a tambourine in my head. They say I got to hide my love away and

yet they also said that it’s all we need. What a flying fluck into a field of strawberry. And while you’re at it, they’ll leave you

hanging out there forever.

Try to close your eyes and then take mine. Sunken though, you'll see what I mean.

LOL

Le'mme guess. You have no idea of the words I just said. Don't worry, you're not the first one to say am weird. Yep, there's a hint of sarcasm in those words.

How unfortunate... how sad... how ill... of me? Let's see.

On four separate occasions (over different messaging systems):

Mark Dille
eLliDKraM (2:49:24 PM): but you're a smart girl
eLliDKraM (2:49:26 PM): you get it deep down

Eleonor Mengullo
eleonor mengullo (10/3/2007 11:30:03 AM): sabi lot smart ka raw.kita naman.aba ang galing mo nga
eleonor mengullo (10/3/2007 11:36:51 AM): malawak pangunawa mo.sana ibang friends nya ganun din

Debrielle Santos
maggie (11/8/2007 4:05:20 PM): ...
Ms. Debi (11/8/2007 4:06:06 PM): kasi magaling ka.. yun ang ibig sabihin nun

Charles Lewis
maggie_noodles ('12 Nov, 2007 09:03 PM post='278174'): ...a chance to write a book someday.
Amadeus ('12 Nov, 2007 09:03 PM post='278174'): You're a smart woman, Maggie. Make a chance.

Four different people, whom I have known for a little less than a year, told me how smart I am. Now that's weird! I practically grew up in a family knowing I had no brains at all. True! My sisters were always smarter than I am. They were always doing things that my mind couldn't muster. Hmmm.

Then what prompted people around me to say am weird? Okay, let's put it these way. Because it's past two in the morning and panic is setting in once again in my veins, these thoughts suddenly broke in. Remember, I need to divert myself. ;)

Anyway, it's a case of social labelling. People have this tendency to label you as weird when you're different from the norm. Well, they could've said I'm unique. But no, the world is not a safe place. People will almost likely to tell you how badly done you are.

And so, I was labelled a weirdo.

Oooh, scary.

Yes it was. Back then. Not now.

I figured, maybe one of the reasons why I had this effin disorder was because I had my eyes too wide-opened. I was too weary of what you, or other people would say. It's okay to mind what others will say but I guess I just took it too far. I was scared.

Maybe that's what's different with me. Maybe that was what separated me from my sisters. They were brave enough to face the humiliation of growing up. I wasn't.

Maybe it's not too late. I may not be that ill. Maybe by closing my eyes, I could face other people and will never have to think about what they will say. Maybe the Beatles was right, living is easy with eyes closed.

No comments: