Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Words That Heal

I woke up feeling ecstatic today. Then someone crossed my mind. *Swoosh*

Chitchu is planning to convert into another religion. A move he is willing to take for a girl he left me for. A move in which he's not sure whether she'll have him or not once he has "taken" their side. It's a huge question of faith and, it's a considerably desperate move. I can't blame him. Anyone would do anything for... love? Anyway, that he's life. Goodluck.

Me angry? No. Definitely. Just sad. Sad because he is a lost sheep. He may have said it's no big deal for him. I just think he has no idea what he's getting into. Absolutely nothing.

Anger has always been such a huge burden for me. It created out of me a mindless individual who again and again tries to hurt those people who have hurt me in the past. A word of advice my friends… forgive them. Forgive those people who have hurt you. Tell them the words that could and would heal you: I forgive you.

I know it’s not that easy. It never is. It would take a great deal of time before anyone could forgive. And yet, forgiving takes off all of your burden. It'll set you free. It will free you from having to think of ways to take vengeance or having to think of what you could have done to prevent them from hurting you. Those things won’t help. Never.

On the contrary, why do most of us can't have the heart to forgive? My theory, because it makes us think that we’re more powerful over those persons when we’re mad or angry. Then why do we still cry at night when no one sees us? See my point?!

So, forgive and forget. It’s your only freedom. Trust me. I know, I did.

No comments: